Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bonnet

Chrissie has been begging me to make her a bonnet ever since pioneer day. I found a pattern I like here. Chrissie picked everything out right down to the color of ribbon.
I plan on making her another bonnet (but omitting the brim) with a matching jacket as soon as I can. I found an adorable jacket pattern/idea here(the pattern is by simplicity). I love the idea this girl has of making a pocket on the lining with a matching notebook to slip inside. Chrissie is always carrying notebooks around and I think she would just love being able to keep it in her jacket.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Vanessa you have one adorable little girl! I have been itching to sew lately too and I love the bonnet idea. Was it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, the bonnet was very easy to make. It only took me about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute, Vanessa. The coat is also so cute--I love the notebook pocket.

    ReplyDelete