Monday, October 19, 2009

(in most annoying Jimmy Stewart voice) Ha-ha-have some soup. It'll make ye' feel better.

We started the winter squash season with a sure fire winner: BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CHEVRE SOUP

roast your squashes in the oven until soft (375 for an hour)
saute a lot of onions and/or leeks
put squash (no skin please), onions and as much chevre as you can afford into your food processor and blend away. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.

When you are ready to eat some (I always make large batches) put some into a sauce pan and add vegetable/chicken stock until you get the consistency you want. Taste again and add more salt or pepper if necessary.

If you want to get really fancy, you can fry some whole sage leaves and sprinkle them on top after dishing the soup into bowls.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm. This sounds wonderful. My last attempt at butternut squash soup didn't go so well. I think this will be better.

    btw--I made Cafe Flora pumpkin enchiladas last night. I LOVE these! I roasted the pumpkin, then sauteed the mushrooms in with the other veggies to cut out a step. I also bought a jar of roasted salsa verde instead of making my own. It was fairly easy and oh, so yummy.

    ReplyDelete