Friday, September 18, 2009

Home School and Parenting Websites

There are two websites I have been reading this week. One is a blog and the other is Charlotte Mason info/experiences. They are both by the same woman, and there is some overlap. I really like what she has to say. It has been heavily on my mind all week. I am particularly interested in "Habit Training"...habit of obedience, habit of perfect execution... I don't think I have done a great job of this. Any ideas on how to implement at this point?

ps--you can click on the sites by placing your mouse over "blog" and "charlotte mason". ~M

1 comment:

  1. I read the other day in Linda Eyre's "teaching children responibility," (or joy, I can't remember which book) about her concept of "perfect obedience": when the child is asked by the mother to do a task or chore he/she does the task without question. and then once the task is completed the child can ask "why?" or share his/her opinions about the specific task.

    ReplyDelete